AV TECH – ENTRY LEVEL
Setup, Operation, and Strike
We Set Up Large Movie Theaters Remotely In Parks and Parking Lots.
The Outdoor Cinema Network (OCN), a COLORADO OWNED and OPERATED company based in Denver, is currently pursuing candidates to expand their phenomenal Audio/Visual Tech and Event Crew for April – October 2021; summer season!
This position is ENTRY-LEVEL. It requires physical labor and tech-savvy. It is part-time and seasonal (summer). Events are all outdoor live productions.
Employment opportunity also requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Must live in DENVER (metro), Colorado.
- Must be available NIGHTS and WEEKENDS for the entire summer.
- Must be HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE, always on time (which means arriving early in the production world) with extremely RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
- Possess a GENERAL UNDERSTANDING and have basic operational skills for Audio/Visual systems like projection, sound, signal flow, microphones, laptops, blue-ray players, and cabling.
- Ability to MULTI-TASK and PROBLEM SOLVE, with acute attention to detail, in a very quick, efficient, “never let them see you break a sweat” manner, sometimes under pressure and occasionally in inclement weather, like HIGH WINDS and RAIN.
- Capable of safely LIFTING up to 50lbs and PUSH 110lbs when loading and unloading equipment into company vehicles. Also, have the PHYSICAL STAMINA it takes to set up and break down all the components it requires to create an outdoor movie theater.
- Being a TEAM PLAYER is essential and calls for the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances as well as a SUPERIOR WORK ETHIC. It is necessary that you learn on the go and to think fast on your feet.
- Must be a STRONG COMMUNICATOR with the ability to focus attention on the client and your team’s needs while remaining calm, courteous, and PROFESSIONAL at all times.
- Required to produce a VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE and proof that you have maintained a CLEAN DRIVING RECORD to meet company vehicle driving standards.
- Must have ACCESS to email, texting, and cell phone daily and the ability to RESPOND PROMPTLY.
- A desire for FUN, NETWORKING, and FRIENDSHIP!
A COMMITMENT CONTRACT MUST BE MADE TO WORK THE FULL SUMMER SEASON, April – October 2021!
Range from 8 to 20 hours a week, and a shift is usually anywhere between 3 PM – 12 AM, give or take an hour.
**Primarily on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights!** We can also have occasional Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night shifts.
Due to the nature of this business, you may be REQUIRED to work back-to-back nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) EVERY WEEKEND, ALL SUMMER.
Pay rate range AFTER TRAINING is $15.00 to $18.00 an hour, dependent on training aptitude, previous experience, and leadership capabilities. As your skills develop, your pay can advance quickly, sometimes weekly; it depends on you and your effort.
Training is paid at $13.00 an hour, ranges anywhere from three to five days (approximately 25 hours depending on your learning speed), and is PAID ONLY AS A BONUS and only if you stay through the fulfillment of the summer season CONTRACT, ENDING OCTOBER 2021
We pride ourselves on having a lot of incentives to offer and only name a few below.
- We provide you with an insured, company vehicle to go to and from events.
- We consider you an employee vs. an independent contractor. This is a tremendous financial advantage, including not needing to invoice, be insured, and no need to fill out a W-9 for independent tax responsibility.
- Discount equipment rentals such as cameras, tripods, projectors, fog machine, lights, popcorn maker, trucks and trailer use, screens both inflatable and fast-fold, stage, lighting, audio boards, sound systems, and much, much more.
- Paid bonus percentage on shows you book.
- Paid bonus on successful hiring referrals you make.
- Being locally owned with a live event, sister company (Space Farmer Productions), we can influence the future employment of our staff by offering exceptional candidates, industry connection, film festival tech positions, networking leads with area professionals, and provide reference letters at the end of the season for college entrance requirements and future employment opportunities.
If you align with the position requirements listed above, are ambitious, extremely reliable, always on time, enjoy leadership responsibility, and carry yourself professionally with a strong drive for improving your technical skills, then we look forward to you submitting your application today!